Jump to navigation Jump to search
South African Victor Matfield takes a line-out against New Zealand in 2006.
|مجلس انتظامیہ||World Rugby|
|دیگر اسماء||Rugby, Rugger, Union|
|پہلی دفعہ کھیلی گئی||19th century|
|اندراجی کھلاڑی||3,560,000[nb 1]|
|ٹیم کے کھلاڑی||15 (with up to 8 substitutes)|
|زمرہ بندی||Team sport, Outdoor|
Part of the Summer Olympic programme in 1900ء گرمائی اولمپکس, 1908ء گرمائی اولمپکس, 1920ء گرمائی اولمپکس and 1924ء گرمائی اولمپکس|
Rugby sevens included in 2016ء گرمائی اولمپکس
- As of 2014 the International Rugby Board, now known as World Rugby, removed the total breakdown of world-wide player numbers by country, by age and sex to publish instead an overall figure per country. This document, titled '119 countries... 6.6 million players' adds the number of registered and unregistered players reported by each country. Some unions only report their registered players, i.e. those who play for an affiliated club or region. Other unions, such as England's Rugby Football Union, also report people taking part in outreach and educational programs, or unregistered players. In the 2012 figures reported by the RFU they reported 1,990,988 people playing rugby in England, including 1,102,971 under 13s, 731,685 teens and 156,332 seniors. Some of those recorded would have experienced rugby via educational visits to schools, playing tag or touch rugby, rather than playing regularly for a club. The figures released in 2014 give an overall figure of those playing rugby union, or one of its variants, as 6,684,118, but also reports that of that total, 3.36 million are registered players, while 4.3 million are unregistered.
|ویکی کومنز پر رگبی یونین سے متعلق سمعی و بصری مواد ملاحظہ کریں۔|
- International Rugby Board – official site of the sport's governing body
- Rugby Data – rugby union statistics
- Planet Rugby – news, fixtures, match reports, etc.
- ESPN Scrum.com – news, match reports and statistics database
- Top 10 international Rugby Teams in 2017 – Top 10 international Rugby Teams in 2017