ویکیپیڈیا:ویکیمیڈیا فاؤنڈیشن کے بورڈ آف ٹرسٹیز کے انتخابات
|سانچہ:Election notice 2005/Translation|
- The election for 2005 now opened. Please translate and post the election info (along with a link to your language subpage) to the Wikimedia project on which you are active.
- Only User:Danny, User:Aphaia, User:Datrio or User:BjarteSorensen may edit this page on meta.
The 2005 elections for the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation will start soon. It is You, Wikimedians, who will choose two representatives of Wikimedia contributors from around the world. Members of the Board of Trustees are entrusted with the ultimate decision making for the Wikimedia Foundation. The board's role is not website governance.
We are voting for two positions. They will be elected for two years and there will be no distinction between them. In order to vote you must have at least 400 edits in total on the Wikimedia projects prior to 0:00 May 30, 2005 (UTC) and at least one of those must have been 90 days before the time of voting. Please note that the Election Officials have the power to disqualify votes from permanently banned users or sockpuppets. Voting from more than one project will also be regarded as sockpuppeting.
The election is run using '. Each voter will be allowed to vote for as many of the candidates as they see fit for each position. The two candidates with the most votes for will be declared the winners. In the event of a tie, a run off election will be announced.
Interested candidates may fill in an entry form on Election candidates 2005 or its subpage(s) starting on 00:00, 2005 June 7 (UTC). Next, they will have up to three weeks to present themselves to the rest of the Wikimedia community. The translation coordinators will translate the entries to every possible language, and after that, the voting will start.
Here's the timeline on this year's election:
- Candidate entries
- from Tuesday, 0:00 June 7, 2005 (UTC)
- to Monday, 24:00 June 27, 2005 (UTC)
- from Tuesday, 0:00 June 28, 2005 (UTC)
- to Monday, 24:00 July 11, 2005 (UTC)
- If you speak another language, please translate this note and post it to the respective Wikimedia projects in those languages. Once you have done so, please notify us at Election notice translations 2005.
If you would like to oversee the translation of further notes, please list yourself on Election notice translations 2005.
Finally, we would like to wish all of the candidates the best of luck in this election,
Election Officials, Wikimedia Election Committee