معاونت:بین الاقوامی اصواتی ابجدیہ برائے تمل
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ^ ا ب پ ت Only when preceded by a nasal consonant or when not preceded by a stop consonant. Never word-initial.
- This letter does not belong to Tamil script, but is widely accepted as an ad-hoc from Grantha script ( See Usage of other lingual consonants in Tamil script). This sound may be replaced by ச (as in s) in pure Tamil, which is not an accurate phonetic representation.
- Only when preceded by a nasal consonant or not preceded by a stop consonant
- (only as an intervocalic in colloquial speech;not when it appears as the first letter of a word,
- As a first letter of a word or preceded by stop consonants
- As intervocalic and not preceded by stop consonant or permitted soft consonant
- As a first letter of a word or when preceded by stop consonants